Other things about tea

A Tea Ceremony at Work, Would it work in the West?

2017-04-01 04:30 #0 by: Teasenz

As a Chinese, I'm very used to preparing tea the ceremonial way, even at work. This seems to be not a great idea in the West, because it's seen as a waste of time. I don't really agree with this. Preparing tea allows me time for self-reflection and take a step back to look at the challenges of a day. Serving the ceremonial way during clients meeting allows me to bond with them and get to know them. Built trust, and therefore have a successful cooperation. I also find that tea during team meeting triggers creativity. So why not a tea ceremony in Western settings? What do you think?

2017-04-01 07:54 #1 by: Tealover

I have served somehing like "gong fu cha lite version" (Since I have only learned from youtubevideos and books, and "feeling" what my teapot and tea wants to do right now). Sometimes during my work, but then I work with tea så it's a little more natural then.

I don't think they do a tea ceremony at IKEA Winking

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

2017-04-01 15:08 #2 by: Niklas

#0: I think it's a good idea, but I also think we need people like you to make it happen. :-)

2017-04-01 15:47 #3 by: Tealover

#2 should I tell you when I'm in Stockholm next time ;-)

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

2017-04-03 06:00 #4 by: Niklas

#3: You don't have to make us tea but you are very welcome to our new office. :-) If you tell us beforehand you can be sure we are there and not in a meeting somewhere else.

Become a member

To participate in the discussion, you must first become a member. It is quick, simple and free. The membership gives you access to all our communities.