Annons:
Tagother-things-about-tea
Read 2375 times
jordan
2018-03-16 23:02

The difference between £1 and £80 tea

This video shows the differences in the types of Tea you can get in London at different price points. What option out of the three would you like? Personally I would go for the 80p option, but that is just what I am familiar with!

Annons:
Tealover
2018-03-16 23:42

Last one if I could afford it. I have never tasted a 50year aged Tea only about 15 years I think. Second choice would be the second place. The first place would only be if I hadn't had my Tea yet or for the history of it

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

Niklas
2018-03-17 07:55

I was most curious about the middle alternative and the two first places were the ones I'd most like to visit. The high-end one seemed a bit too much.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2018-03-17 08:23

I enjoyed watching this and I think I would go for the middle one.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Leia
2018-03-17 16:00

From their reaction, I definitely wouldn't bother wasting my money on the £80 cuppa!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Tealover
2018-03-17 16:35

#4 learning how to taste all the flavours, mouthfeel etc in Tea takes training just like when you go to the gym to get stronger. And if you are used to sugar or added flavours in your Tea your tastebuds gets almost numb for finer flavours. And pu-erh is also a little of an acuired taste. Thats probebly why they didn't get how awesome it was

jordan
2018-03-18 23:19

#1 What would you say is the most noticeable taste difference in more 'matured' Tea?

#2 + #3 The place they went to for that one certainly seemed interesting!

Annons:
Tealover
2018-03-19 14:53

#6 I'll try to explain it, it's difficult not just because english is my second language but also because I don't discuss Tea with so many people on that level so some flavours, mouthfeel etc I don't even have in swedish. First of all there is a difference between pu-erh and black Tea (and even though they don't say it I'm willing to bet that it is pu-erh in the last Tea place in the video, aging Tea is rare. I's almost only pu-erh that is aged with some exeptions.) Too young pu-erh have a sharper, often more bitter taste than matured pu-erh. Mature pu-erh have a rounder taste with more umami, it maybe don't taste as much as for example black Tea the first brew but aged pu-erh can be brewed many times (my record is 14 times on a 6 year old black pu-erh). If they had made many brews on the "posh tea" they would have noticed a big difference. Older pu-erh also have more tones that come through while in a younger pu-erh these are overpowered by the sharpness and bitterness I mentioned erlier. I think that is the best way I can explain it, now atleast. If you want to learn more I recommend that you Buy a green pu-erh, try some and take notes ant then store the rest until next year and compare your notes from last time a year later.

Evelina
2018-03-19 23:34

Interesting! #7 I have an old box of black pu erh back home in the states. I wonder if it tastes different from what I remember. 🙂

Tealover
2018-03-20 08:15

#8 probebly

Scroll to top
Annons: