I've been coming done with a cold for the last day or two. My throat has been killing me. So I made myself a Whiskey Tea aka "Hot Toddy" to soothe my throat.
Its a Saturday so I thought why not. My flatmate and my boyfriend went out and I am stuck at home watching Netflix, laying on the couch.
- Tea of your choice. Black tea works best. I used Russian Earl Grey, yum!
- Whiskey. I used Bulleit. You can use others of course, or even rum or brandy.
- Citrus, lemon or orange.
- Sugar, or maple syrup. I used lemonade instead because I was feeling lazy, so I skipped the sugar and citrus. I've also used hot cider in the past which is super yummy!
- Cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves. Optional.
- Brew tea
- Add a shot of whiskey
- Add the other ingredients to your liking