Annons:
Tagbrewing-tea
Read 2340 times
=^_^=
2018-07-16 19:51

Cold brewing

Hello! I was wondering if anyone here have experience in cold brewing Tisane or Tea? What type of tea/tisane is best to use? Is there anything you should avoid cold brewing? Do you have any favourites? Do you add anything with it or is it best plain? Is cold brewing healthier? Since I've read heat generally destroys "the good stuff" in a lot of things. I'm trying it for the first time and I'm doing it with hibiscus only. I'll see tomorrow what the result is! :)

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Annons:
Tealover
2018-07-16 21:46

I prefer cold brewing when it comes to ice Tea (or tisane). I like japanese teas or white Tea the most but basically all teas taste great cold brewed. Cold brewing can be healthier or less healthy than hot Tea depending on what you are after, for example caffaine can be both good and bad and cold brewing relises less caffaine. But remember, all teas exept for White Tea has been heated sometime after harvest

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

jadekintz
2018-07-16 23:10

You can also cold brew matcha! Just mix 1 tablespoon matcha powder (I use the Ippodo Tea Co. Brand in Ummon-no-mushki, its super rich), with ice and water in a mason jar and shake vigorously for 3 mins. No need to strain either :)

Tealover
2018-07-17 09:25

#2 a tip, let it steep in the cold water in the fridge for a few hours. It gets tastier that way

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

jadekintz
2018-07-19 21:47

#3 Thank you! I will try that :)

Scroll to top
Annons: