Annons:
Tagtea-and-health
Read 2072 times
jadekintz
2018-09-12 18:39

Black Tea and Honey Kombucha

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I have been diligently making my kombucha every week and I have saved so much money versus buying it at the store. 

I love that I can make whatever flavors I want and that I am also reducing my waste by using mason jars. 

The latest flavor I have concocted in my kitchen is black Tea and honey. I reduced the amount of sugar by about half due to adding the honey so it came out a little bit tart (which I prefer). 

What other flavors should I try?

Annons:
Evelina
2018-09-12 18:49

Maybe early grey and rose.. or green Tea with ginger and orange. 

Or is it only made with black Tea? I have never made it.

Leia
2018-09-12 20:19

I have never heard of 'kombucha'.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jadekintz
2018-09-12 22:21

#1 You can do any flavor you like after you have your starter Tea! I make a tropical green Tea last time around and it was refreshing. I really like the earl grey and rose idea

#2 It is fermented Tea :)

Tealover
2018-09-12 23:03

I have nerver done kombucha myself but I have heard that both rose and elderflower taste great with kombucha

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

Evelina
2018-09-12 23:09

Elderflower does sound good!

jadekintz
2018-09-13 17:38

I don’t know if I have ever had elderflower 🤔 These are all great suggestions #4 It is a lot simpler than you would think. It just takes a lot of patience waiting for the starter scoby to form 😊

Annons:
Tealover
2018-09-13 19:52

#6 it's more about the alcohol content and that it's impossible to know how much alcohol theres in it without a lab. I know that it's not much at all but we never consume alcohol, not even light ciders and so

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

Scroll to top
Annons: