Tea accessories

Steel heart tea infuser

2018-10-24 10:11 #0 by: Evelina

I bought this heart shaped tea infuser recently, and I like it much more than the mesh ones I own. It’s much easier to clean.

What do you use?

2018-10-24 14:06 #1 by: Tealover

I normally use just a teapot (without a strainer/infuser).

If I use a infuser I normally use big ones, you get more flavour from your tea if the tea isn't "crowded". I have had one like you #0 but it was way to small so I never used it.

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

2018-10-24 17:52 #2 by: jordan

We use a mesh one as well. I don't find it too hard to clean most of the time, it usually just needs a good whack to get all the tea out Laughing out loud

2018-10-24 19:40 #3 by: Evelina

#2 I have found that mine have started to rust and discolor. 🙁

2018-10-24 19:46 #4 by: Leia

#3 I would recommend to always wash your strainer straight away, and dry it using a towel, it is more likely to rust air dried. 

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

2018-10-25 06:53 #5 by: Evelina

#4 unfortunately, it is my boyfriend guilty of leaving tea in them sitting on the counter 😓

Now those are his and this one is mine 😂 but I will hand dry it

2018-10-25 08:28 #6 by: Tealover

I think the rust problem has alot to do with the water. I have never had anyone of my tea infuser rusting, and I can keep tea in them for week just because I forgot.

My mother in law on the other hand have rust in all her tea infusers, but she have iron rich water.

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

2018-10-25 10:38 #7 by: Niklas

We have mostly mesh ones and a couple of silicone bathing men tea holders.

There is anohter comment in this discussion. It is, however, only visible for logged in members. To read the comment, log in or register to become a member.