Annons:
Tagother-things-about-tea
Read 2858 times
Tealover
2018-12-13 16:17

Tea for Lucia?

Do you drink any special Tea at Lucia?

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

Annons:
Leia
2018-12-13 21:24

What is Lucia?!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Tealover
2018-12-13 22:17

#1 Lucia is a holiday at the 13:th of December whena group of people (mostly girls) bring sweet bund and/or sing (often as a choir) most often dessed in a white gown but santas and gingerbread people is more and more common nowdays.

The head (or heads if it's really young kids) are the Lucia and she/he have a crown with candles (electric for kids) and a red ribbon around her/his waist. There are also Tärnor (maids) with tinsel or a leaf wreath in their hair and tinsel or ribbons around there waist.

There is also "stjärngossar" mostly boys/men with a white gown and a paper cone with stars on it.

It's common in churches, schools and daycare but atleast me and my sisters "lussade" for my mother as kids with coffee, gingerbread and sweet buns.

It comes from when Sweden was catholic sinde it's the saint Lucia it's based on (and pree christian myths but thats a little more vauge)

It's hard to explain but a little easyer to show

Tealover
2018-12-13 22:41

However, as a parent you mostly see these kinds of "Luciatåg"

Leia
2018-12-14 20:35

#2 oh wow! Thank-you for your detailed answer, I love all the traditions in Sweden, its great to see the whole nation get involved, I feel here in UK people don't uphold traditions like that anymore.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Scroll to top
Annons: